Ok, I finally got some free time to work on this, and I’ve added it to my very important list, so hopefully I shall have a ton of time to work on this mod CD.
If you don’t know about the mod CD, click here to read about it. Now, to list things I’ve added on to it, as well as what I am going to be working on in the next few days:
- I’ve added ATI graphics support for Radeon HD4xxx+ as covered in GraphicsEnabler, and additional kexts for it (legacy, exotic) will get installed, if needed.
- I have updated the legacy kernel that gets installed, using the new patches for 10.6.5, applied to all previous versions. The (currently) 3 files will also get patched for you, if you are using an AMD system.
- Eh, what else. Basic fixes here and there. Any known issues people had before is now fixed.
Okay, now before giving the link to the current version that’s up, understand that it’s important to get my stuff from here, and not from something from kexts.com because I am always making changes.
Sorry that the dl.nawcom.com server went down – moved the files to the blog.nawcom.com server.
Current build: OSX86_ModCD-032311-151021.iso.zip [Link Dead]
Fixes added: Wireless detection fixed, Atheros LAN fixed, ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext removed and made an option, fixed NullCPUPowerManagement Issue, moved modding from rc.cdrom to WindowServer binary, Updated legacy kernel for future 10.6.6 Retail DVD support, setup legacy kernel 10.6.4 to install for 10.6.0 and 10.6.3 for adding support to more CPUs (don’t worry it runs fine with those older versions), updated LAN card list, Added Logical Partition check, added fix for Windows 7 people (renames System Reserved to Windows, keeps Windows 7 bootloader safe). More to come.
To do: Add optional postinstall pkg and generated postinstall notes.
Now, onto things I am working on, and shoud have some of it done in the next few days:
- I’m currently working on the postinstall notes which each pkg will add onto it. These will contain info about what got installed for your specific hardware, what hardware on your system they support, and what you need to do in order to manage it. This will also include any important links that may be important to you. This will be on the desktop for the first user created.
- I’m going to be moving where the OSInstall.mpkg modification takes place to something later than /etc/rc.cdrom, which is used right now.
- Some mistakes may be made, so it would be nice for an optional pkg you could run in case something fucked up. Think of it as something like myHack but smaller, and completely optional. It will pretty much have the stuff that is added to the customize list on the DVD which the Mod CD injects.
- Things to add here and there. Some kexts to solve some common issues, like HPETDevice, might be added.
Any other ideas? I’m open to them. For radeon people (HD4xxx+ which graphicsenabler+exotic kexts support) let me know how it goes. I did see that there are modded kexts ready for older radeon cards too the other day, so I will check that out.
Also something I wanted to ask, if anyone has tested the new legacy kernel on SSE3-lacking CPUs. There have been a few people who tried using the boot CD and it didn’t work, due to that. I’m looking for some testers in that regard
Incoming search terms:
- aditya chopra (374)
- nawcom mod cd (233)
- nawcom modcd (154)
- nawcom modcd download (132)
- osx mod cd (56)
- nawcom’s modcd (56)
- nawcom mod cd download (51)
- Nawcom’s ModCD download (40)
- OSX86 ModCD (37)
- nawcoms mod cd (35)